Rocking Out Valentine’s Day Alone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Valentine’s Day doesn’t always have to be about the couples who seem to dominate the holiday, there are other things and people who also enjoy the holiday. These people could be those whose birthdays are on the 14th of February to those who enjoy just being by themselves.

When you’re single on this holiday there are ways to enjoy it aside from finding some random guy to go out with for the day or to use as some one night fling. Another way to enjoy this holiday is by getting your friends together and just spending one on one or group time together to catch up and to take advantage of the deals this holiday has to offer.

You could have a Galentine’s Day, but if that doesn’t seem to be up your alley there are other ways to rock out this holiday.

One of those options is to skip the holiday all together and instead celebrate the holiday the next day with all of the half priced candy and stuffed animals, or spend the day cuddling up to your pets watching Netflix and Hulu while bingeing on junk food.

Another way of enjoying this holiday alone is by looking at what your local restaurants and bars offer in terms of single nights for the holiday or what they offer as fun events to get back at all those ex’s you’ve left in the past.

This holiday may seem to only be for the couples of the world but if you’re single and ready to mingle don’t let that keep you down. Get out there and have yourself a swell old time.

My name is Pauline but I have always gone by Polly. I am a coal miners daughter from Knott county kentucky. I am the middle child between two brothers. I am very family oriented and it shows when it comes to my niece and nephews. I am currently in the process of getting my BASW with the college of Social Work.