Remember to be Thankful This November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

November is finally upon us, which brings with it the season of giving and being thankful. More often than not, we all get caught up in the hussle and bussle of our busy lives with school, jobs, social life and much more throughout the year. However, November is a time for us to take a step back and to give thanks for the many blessings and opportunities that we all have in our lives.

This November, remember to give thanks and show appreciation for your family, your friends, your coworkers and your community.

Remember to be thankful for your family this month and give back to them. It is the little things that show them that you care and how much you appreciate them.

Help your parents cook dinner one night or start cleaning up around the house. Take time to call or text your grandparents to let them know that you are thinking about them. Take your siblings or cousins to the movies or do something fun with them.

Throughout the month of November, remember to be thankful for your closest friends. Treat your friends to coffee or take them out to lunch a few days out of the month to show your appreciation. Schedule a girls night for you and your friends to catch up and hang out together. Facetime that friend that you haven’t talked to in a while, just to let them know that you still care and are thinking about them.

Also remember to be thankful for your coworkers. Even though we all might not love every single one of our coworkers, we should be thankful for them and for helping us be successful with our jobs and careers. Bring in a nice dessert one day for your coworkers or offer to buy your boss lunch.

Among everything, remember to be thankful for the community you live in. We should all be thankful for the communities we live in and are a part of because they help shape us and provide us with opportunities we might not have anywhere else. Give back to your community this month, whether that be volunteering at a homeless shelter, helping set up a fall festival, donating to a clothing or food drive or even picking up trash in a local park.

It is so important to be thankful for what we have not only throughout the month of November, but each month of the year. Look at November as an opportunity to give back and be thankful for everyone and everything in your life and we try to practice the spirit of thankfulness year round.

As junior at the University of Kentucky, I study Integrated Strategic Communication with a focus in Public Relations. I aspire to be a public relations professional for a healthcare facility that works to positively impact the lives of children, families and the community. My experience as a PR/Marketing intern at the UK International Center has helped me to gain valuable skills in creating promotional digital and print materials for an organization as well communicating to an organization's target audiences. My position as a Resident Advisor as also allowed me to grow my event planning, public communication and creative marketing skills. My top strengths include achiever, developer, futuristic, responsibility and learner.