Real Not Reality: What I’ve Realized Through Seniorities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

While college is important, there are a few things that my recent seniorities has taught me this semester. For those of you who still have a few years left in their college career, below are a few tips to make the next few years less stressful.

Take a ‘sick’ day.
Too cold or too beautiful a day outside? Skip a class (as long as you don’t have a test or paper due)!! Missing a day of class is not the end of the world. Most professors give you two unexcused absences before it starts to drops your grade, so take advantage of your free passes and sleep in or do something fun outside.

Most employers do not look at your GPA.
Sure, it’s nice to put on your resume if it’s good, but the more important thing is that you graduated with a degree in something. So don’t stress if you get a B.

Don’t procrastinate.
I still haven’t mastered the art of not procrastinating, but it sounds great in theory so I figured it deserved a place on the list. It’s just so hard when there is a new episode of Jersey Shore or it’s Margarita Monday.

Have fun. So. Much. Fun.
College does not last forever.
Do you know how many adults I’ve met who say, “College was one of the best times of my life.”
Tons.
Yes, it is great that you are getting an education that will help you pursue a career you love, but you are also making friends and connections that will also help you in your future career.

Lauren Conrad is a Print & Online Journalism senior at the University of Kentucky. After graduating UK with a degree in Sociology, Lauren spent two years working in marketing in Cincinnati, Ohio before deciding to move back to Lexington to enroll in UK's journalism program. Born in New Jersey, Lauren moved to the south at a young age and considers herself a southern girl at heart. A proud Wildcat, Lauren enjoys rooting for all UK sports. Always open for new beginnings, Lauren is excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and for whatever new challenges may come her way after graduation!