This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

If you have been following along, you know that this is my fourth article in my Queer Eye DIY series. This week we are looking at ways for you to improve your grooming habits.

• Effort

No matter how many products you buy, no matter your genes, you can instantly look better with some effort.  Hiding underneath a hat and feeling confident about the way you look is only a difference of hitting the snooze button one or two less times.

Be committed to taking a few extra minutes in the morning to style your hair. Doing something as simple as pulling it back with a nice hair clip can dramatically improve your style.

Several college students say that they are too busy to shower, which is never actually true unless you have a cold or another unplanned thing happens. Turn off Netflix, do your homework and just go to bed.

• Sleep and Diet

Why would you waste so much money on make-up to cover the dark circles under your eyes or expensive conditioner to make your hair soft when you can just change your habits?  Changing your sleeping and eating habits is obviously not easy, but it does not have to be as hard as we make it.

Start by making a list.

Seriously, start by writing down any and all unhealthy habits you want to change.  You want to get at least seven hours of sleep? Great! Commit to scooping out time for this as your first goal. Keep a record and do not start working on another goal until you have gone seven days in a row of sticking to your first one.

This will seem painfully slow, but this tactic will keep you from failing. Many of us get an idea and want to plunge full force into it. However, this requires a level of commitment most of us are not able to volunteer. You cannot change your life overnight.

One more week of the series!  

My final article in Queer Eye DIY is on culture.   

"You can tell how smart people are by what they laugh at." -Tina Fey