This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Culture may be one of our most overlooked make-over components. This occurs for a few reasons such as believing one is already cultured or because money would rather be spent on other things. Neither of these excuses are ever true, especially for a college student.

College is all about experiencing new things, but few of us take advantage of the opportunities given to us.  We get stressed about exams, exhausted because we stayed up until three in the morning doing procrastinated homework. Again.

Follow some of my advice from pervious articles in this series. Get organized. Do not be one of those people who makes plans then bail at the last minute. We all do it, but we need to break this habit. We are rarely unhappy with the experience we exchanged for the low price of a night spend re-watching New Girl.

Attend a play.

Go to a concert

Join a club

Learn how to rock climb

Learn how to cook

Take a KHP

Volunteer

Talk to that international student who intimidates you.

Talk to any person who intimidates you (unless they are creepy).

Go kayaking

Check out a local bookstore or restaurant or pottery-thingy.  

The point is, there is plenty to do. In the world of Facebook Events, we just do not have an excuse to miss out.  

As a senior and self-proclaimed old person, I am strangely aware of the person I am supposed to be.  

I am not there, not even close, but I can image the type of person I am supposed to be in the next ten years or so. Maybe longer. It does not matter. What matters is that I am working to lay the groundwork for that person now.

The only way we can achieve this is by taking advantage of our opportunities in order to have unique experiences.

"You can tell how smart people are by what they laugh at." -Tina Fey