Style > Beauty

Product Review: Freeman Beauty Pore Cleansing Volcanic Ash Mask

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Photo by Hannah Woosley

Two weeks ago, my mother brought home the Freeman Beauty Volcanic Ash face mask tube and hid it in her bathroom all for herself. About a week later, she finally walked up to me while holding the tube and said, “Hannah, you have to try this.”

First, the mask is labeled, “for men,” which is such an oddly specific targeted market because I know plenty of women who would love to try this product. But anyway, I agreed, because I love face masks. One, because they leave my face feeling fresh and clean and two, because they give me the impression that I have my life together – ask any millennial, this will make sense to them – believe me.

What caught my eye about this facemask in particular was the “pore cleansing” label and the price tag of only $3.27. No more overly-priced, dreaded blackhead/pore-cleansing nose strips? Count me in.

Once the mask is applied to your entire cleanly-washed face, it is recommended to leave the product on for five to 10 minutes or until it is dry. Personally, my face mask dried in 10 minutes.

Peeling the mask off was super easy and it removed in one simple pull. What I did not expect to see, though, was the “pore cleansing” promise on the tube work. But it did.

After 10 minutes and a fresh-feeling face later, my pores were clear, too. Naturally after how impressed I was with this mask, I read the entire back of the tube.

On the very bottom was the label, “Not tested on animals,” which I was delighted to see.

The Freeman Beauty Pore Cleansing Volcanic Ash face mask is the best face mask I have used, and I highly recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin, like me, that hates using nose pore strips and wants an alternative. This tub was easily worth the $3.27 I spent at Walmart.

Hannah Woosley is a senior at the University of Kentucky majoring in print journalism and minoring in history. She is a staff writer and co-editor for Her Campus UK. She is also a columnist and assistant opinions editor for UK’s student-run school newspaper, The Kentucky Kernel. In her free time, she enjoys being outdoors hiking, swimming and practicing yoga. She adores animals and has two, six-year-old cats. You can catch Hannah writing an article, watching her favorite shows on Netflix, drinking an iced coffee or enjoying some time outdoors.