Podcasts You Need to Start Listening to Immediately

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

I’m subscribed to over 20 podcasts so I think it’s safe to say that I’m a little podcast obsessed. No matter what I’m doing, I’m listening to a podcast. Whether I’m walking to class, drinking my morning coffee or even taking a shower – there is a podcast playing.

Here are some of my favorite podcasts that you should be listening to.

• Skimm This

The Skimm is a media company that shares the most important stories with readers every day. “Skimm This” is a new podcast hosted by the company’s founders Danielle Weisberg and Carly Zakin. Episodes are released every weekday at 5 pm and are each ten minutes long. It’s the perfect daily dose of news for someone who wants to be more informed on what’s going on in the world because they break down the stories of the day and explain to the listeners why they’re important.

• Gals on the Go

Danielle Carolan and Brooke Miccio are both students at the University of Georgia who also have successful YouTube channels. Between their school work, working on their social media (which yes, is a “real job” to many people) and somehow managing to still have a social life, these girls truly are “gals on the go.” Episodes go live every Wednesday, each starting off with the girls sharing their highlights and lowlights of the week. Social media often only shows the best parts of people’s lives so it’s refreshing to hear two influencers get real and talk about what they’ve been struggling with as well as their accomplishments. Each episode has a different topic such as “how to get out of your comfort zone” or “how to balance it all” where they share their own experiences and lessons they’ve learned to give the listeners advice.

• The Morning Toast

On their podcast, sisters Claudia and Jackie Oshry share “the fast five stories you need to know before you wake up and take a bite out of your morning toast” every weekday at 10:30 am. They recap the most important pop culture stories from the day before, adding commentary that will make you laugh out loud. Both sisters are extremely knowledgable when it comes to pop culture and even know a lot of the people they talk about, often adding their own personal stories about them. “The Morning Toast” is the perfect way to start your day on a good note and keep up with pop culture.

• WHOA That’s Good

Sadie Robertson has done quite a bit in her 21 years of living. She’s a New York Times Best-selling Author, was runner-up on Dancing with the Stars, has started her own brand, Live Original, has gone on tour speaking to people across the country and now she has her own podcast. New episodes are released every Wednesday and listeners get to hear conversations between Sadie and people who have influenced her life. She asks each guest about the best piece of advice they’ve ever received and their responses usually leave Sadie, and the listeners, saying “Whoa, that’s good.”

I hope you enjoy listening to these podcasts as much as I do!

Samantha is a junior studying Broadcast Journalism and Criminology at the University of Kentucky.