This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Dear money,

You are a friend that I wish I can always rely on because you would be my most useful. You would make me happy when I am sad because you give me things that can make me happy. Unfortunately, you also make me sad because when you are not there I cannot get things that make me happy. I spend the entire time worrying about what I would do if I were in a situation only you could help. However, when I do have you I do not appreciate the time we have together and end spending our little moments on invaluable things. So, here we are in a love-hate relationship that sometimes work and other times does not.

You are like that boyfriend that I’m too dependent on even when I know it will hurt me later. So, the second you are not there for me when I need you my life almost falls apart. However, whenever you come back, even for just a little while, I accept you with open arms. Repeating the cycle again.

I’m writing this letter to you because I recently realized that you are under appreciated. I know everyone uses you all the time but do we know your true worth. So, I’m going to thank you some of the things you’ve done. Thank you for all the times you’ve bought me clothes, shoes and other things I might not have needed. Thank you for the memories you’ve helped me created with friends and family. Thank you for the gifts I’ve received and given. Most importantly, thank you for the food.

I know our relationship dynamic isn’t going to change a lot now but my new goal is to use you more in creating good memories and less on clutter.

Love,

A concerned money user

Abby Olaleye is a junior at the University of Kentucky. I'm currently majoring in Biosystems Engineering with a minor in Biomedical Engineering. I'm a writer for HerCampus because writing is fun and a better way to procastinate.