Style > Beauty

The New “Sultry” Palette Is Everything A Makeup Lover Could Ask For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

In no way do I consider myself good at makeup. Thanks to YouTube and hours of researching, I have found a makeup look that looks best for me.

I always dread when someone asks me to do their makeup for them because I will either A) mess up or B) the person will be disappointed. With makeup, there are multiple different things to consider: eye shape, eyelid type, skin tone, eye color and the list could go on. I am definitely not a makeup guru, but I do love makeup.

My go to product is eyeshadow. While I believe that eyeliner and mascara really tie the look together in the end, eyeshadow is one of the only makeup products I will spend big bucks on. As a die hard Naked palette lover (Urban Decay), I have started to branch out into the world of Two Faced and Tarte. However, a new release is about to rock my world along with any other eyeshadow lover’s.

Anastasia Beverly Hills released a new, limited edition palette named “Sultry” just in time for the holiday season. The palette features a lot of sparkle at a decent price. At $45, the buyer gets 14 shades mostly in browns with a few grays, a black and a coral color.

Compared to another company such as Urban Decay, this palette along with some of the other Anastasia eyeshadow palettes, you definitely get a bang for your buck. UD’s Naked palette typically run at $54 while this palette is a little cheaper. UD’s palettes tend to have 12 shades rather than 14. Both companies dominate the makeup world, but Anastasia’s palettes seem to be taking the the industry by storm.

My favorite color for eyeshadow is browns in an array of shades so this palette is already perfect for myself. The palette features matte shades as well so if you like a little sparkle and a few matte shades, these colors are perfect.

I do not own the palette yet, but tested one of the colors in Sephora. In one swatch without any primer, the pigment stood out vibrantly against my skin. The color was bright without any inconsistency. Clearly this shadow could withstand the trials of any hard day.

Anastasia Beverly Hills is a reputable brand known for its eyebrow and highlight products. However, the company’s eyeshadow palettes prove that they cannot be ignored.

The Sultry palette will definitely be on my Christmas list this year!

Megan Rohrbach is a senior at the University of Kentucky. She is majoring in print journalism and minoring in criminology. Her dream jobs include working for the FBI, book publishing and writing for a women's magazine. When she's not in class or writing, she can be found watching her favorite Netflix shows, taking lots of naps, raving about the Ohio State Buckeyes and trying out a new makeup look. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter @themegmeg37.