This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

I love finding new quotes to give me motivation or advice on how to be a better person. Here are my top three favorite quotes and where they are from.

“We accept the love we think we deserve.” -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Stephen Chbosky, the author of the book “The Perks of Being a Wallflower,” wrote this quote pretty early into the book. I first heard this quote in the movie, and it prompted me to try and read the book. I really liked it and would recommend it along with the movie. I think this is a great quote to remember or to remind others of. People often settle for less than they deserve and this quote is a meaningful explanation as to why.

“It always seems impossible until it is done.” -Nelson Mandela

I love this motivational quote. I have felt overwhelmed so many times during school. When projects, exams and other assignments seem like they will never end, this quote is a great reminder to keep going. I can also relate to this quote. It is helpful to know that if I just keep working, the task will get done. I also remember to take things one at a time after reading this quote.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” -Albert Einstein

This is my favorite quote, and I want to live my life by it. I often get caught up in succeeding, and I forget about everything else. This quote by Albert Einstein is amazing. as it reminds me that the most important part of life is being a good person. I would rather be kind than succeed, but I don’t always remember that succeeding isn’t everything.

I love reading new encouraging and inspirational quotes. Even though these are my favorite, I am always looking for more!

Hi, my name is Kalista Smiley. I'm currently a sophomore at the University of Kentucky majoring in digital media and design. My hobbies include hanging out with friends and family and doing any type of art project. I also really enjoy being active through hiking or working out. I currently live on campus, and I want to make my college years memorable!
Her Campus UK Contributor Account.