Motivational Playlist to Get You Pumped For Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

No one truly wants to study and finding the motivation to actually start studying is difficult. When you need some motivation, where do you turn? For me, I like to start my studying/ exam days off with some upbeat music to get my energy up.

Not every song has the power to get me through the day, but here are a few that help me out when I feel stressed and have little motivation (feel free to dance and sing your stress away):

• Hall and Oates- You Makes My Dreams

Hall and Oates never fail to change my mood, whether I am listening to “Rich Girl,” “I Can’t Go For That,” “Kiss On My List,” or just “You Make My Dreams.” They, of course, are an older group and many younger generations probably don’t even know who they are, but their music makes me feel happy and gives me the motivation to do anything I set my mind to.

• Toploader- Dancing in the Moonlight

King Harvest’s Van Morrison is the original singer of this song, but I enjoy the Toploader version a lot more. It is more upbeat and makes me want to dance and sing every time I listen to it. Besides, dancing in the moonlight seems like it would be a very good time!

• Eric Carmen- Hungry Eyes

If you love Dirty Dancing as much as I do, and that is a lot, then you know this song by heart. I could listen to it all day and it would never get old. It makes me feel very happy and makes me wish that life would one day turn into a movie about dancing so I can have the time of my life like Baby and Johnny.

• Kygo- Firestone

This one is an odd one out in this group of songs, but it is still good for raising your energy and lifting your spirits. I found this song about a year ago and it is still on my “shower playlist” (I have a music playlist for anything).

Of course, if I had my mp3 player (no, I never had an iPod) this list would be more diverse, but these are the songs that get me through a stressful day, and make me feel happy and motivated. Just make sure to study and complete your exam instead of singing/playing these songs repeatedly!

Photos courtesy of:

ipernity.com

flickr.com

wikimediacommons.com

I may never win a Pulitzer, but I will be doing something that makes me happy and I would not change that.