This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Alli Arterburn

Age: 22

Year: Senior

Major: ISC

Hometown: Waterloo, Illinois

Q: What is your position with Her Campus? (Staff writer, Executive Board member, etc.)

A: I am currently a staff writer for Her Campus. You can expect an article from me every week!

Q: How did you get involved with the club and why?

A: I can’t exactly remember how I got involved with Her Campus the first time. Last year though, I really missed writing for myself, and in general, and I missed the community Her Campus has to offer so I ended up talking to Katia about getting involved again! And I don’t regret that at all.

Q: What is your favorite part about being a writer?

A: I love expressing myself through words on a paper. I love being able to tell a story! And I look at writing like a puzzle waiting to be pieced together. I never usually start at the beginning. I tend to write a paragraph that fits in the middle and work my way around it or piece together somewhere in the article, paper, or whatever I am writing about at the time.

Q: Any challenges about being a writer?

A: I get stuck in my head a lot! I feel like I talk in circles sometimes, or I am not too personal, or am too personal, or it doesn’t make any sense. Once I get out of my head and just start writing everything kind of plays out. I also use get super weird sharing what I write for some reason, but thanks to Her Campus that has been a lot easier.

Q: Are you involved in other clubs on campus? If so, which ones?

A: I am involved with PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) here on campus. I am pretty busy outside of class

Q: What is your dream job?

A: Work in publishing! I am a massive bookworm and love words in general! I think that would be a good fit for me and is THE DREAM!

Q: Hobbies?

A: I love reading and getting lost in a book and characters! Movies and I am a huge TV junkie! But I also love hanging out with my friends playing board and card games.

Q: Any advice for new students?

A: Make time for homework but also make time for friends, family, and for yourself. It is that time of the year when homework is starting to pile up, tests are flying at you in full force that we have a tendency to forget to breathe. Everything tends to work out the way that it should so take a few minutes to relax!

Q: What is your favorite memory so far at UK?

A: This is tough! Just any night hanging out with my friends playing board games (Pandemic is a must for us) or card games! When we lose at Pandemic we all usually blame Riley! But any night I am hanging out with my friends! So many memories these last few years with them, it is so hard to say which one.

Her Campus UK chapter Campus Correspondent. Senior at the University of Kentucky, majoring in journalism and minoring in information studies. If you see me around campus I'm probably rocking a messy bun with a large coffee in my hand.