timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Magic or Manifest? How to Manifest Anything Your Heart Desires

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Photo By Mohammad Bagher Adib Behrooz

Spirituality is something everyone has but not everyone is aware of. It comes in many different shapes, sizes, attitudes, ideas and beliefs. However, one thing that will remain constant for every person is the ability to know there is something bigger than us all. 

Many people may refer to this sort of energy as a higher power such as God or the Universe. Whatever it may be for you, trust in it. This is the first step to manifesting whatever you desire. 

Carly Hanks, psychology undergrad at the University of Louisville, has been practicing manifestation for over three years.

“I can manifest just about anything,” Hanks said. “Except money. I’m still working on that one.”

Hanks explained the simplicity in the spiritual realm by emphasizing the importance of meditation. 

“Quiet your mind for just a couple of minutes. Don’t focus on anything but your breath and your heartbeat. It’s called mindfulness. Once you can channel peace, you can do anything,” Hanks said. 

An important factor in manifesting your desires is to consider and evaluate what you want. Think about this desire: ponder it, dream about it and meditate on it. You must really want it, so much so that you are able to convince yourself you already have it. 

Whether it is an idea, person, place or thing, you have to tell yourself that it is yours no matter how far-fetched or impossible it may seem.

The energy you exert is the energy you receive. This is also known as the Law of Attraction; in other words, positive thoughts lead to positive experiences. 

Jen Sincero, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller “You Are a Badass,” explained this energy in her book. 

“The Universe is made up of Source Energy,” Sincero wrote. “All energy vibrates at a certain frequency. Which means you’re vibrating at a certain frequency, and everything you desire, and don’t desire is vibrating at a frequency. Vibration attracts like vibration.” 

With Sincero’s food for thought in mind, it is important to match your frequency to the vibrations of your desires.  

Hanks said her most successful manifest so far was with her current job. 

“I quit my job at the time because I knew that I would find another job that was better. In my head, the job was already mine. I had no hesitations about it or anxiety, just ease and peace,” Hanks said. “The next day I was volunteering at Norton Women’s Hospital in Louisville and my boss told me to apply for this internship and a week or two later it was mine.” 

Manifesting requires a deep intuition. You cannot just close your eyes and ask the higher power for what you desire and expect it to land in your lap the next day. You have to live it out in your everyday life and channel all of your energy into this desire. Once you become comfortable and open with your spirituality, a world of endless possibilities presents itself. 

I am currently a sophomore at the University of Kentucky studying Integrated Strategic Communication. I enjoy writing and reading as well as exploring the possibilities of life.
Her Campus UK Contributor Account.