This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

You need to take a break. I need to take a break. We all need to take a break.

A break right now should be like a gift from Oprah, “you get a break”, “you get a break”, “you get a break”, “everyone gets a break.”

However, what we need usually does not coincide with what we can get.

Why?

While college is a whole lot fun it is a whole lot of work too. I do not have to tell you, you know.

You are going through it right now and maybe you are even thinking “yeah, I’m done with this”. If that is you, PAUSE.

For one second pause and take a break.

It is not all that bad, I know it is a lot but you just need time to think about why you are doing this and if what you want to achieve is worth then go for it ALL THE WAY, but if it is not they ask yourself “Why?”

I would not want to go through long-a** hours of studying for nothing and neither should you.

When you feel that pressure weighing you down just stop for a while and read a book, go for a walk, NETFLIX, listen to music, get food. Do literally ALMOST anything unrelated to what is stressing you and think “I’M GOING TO BE JUST ALRIGHT.”

Abby Olaleye is a junior at the University of Kentucky. I'm currently majoring in Biosystems Engineering with a minor in Biomedical Engineering. I'm a writer for HerCampus because writing is fun and a better way to procastinate.