Inspirational Books to Get you Through Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

With finals comes winter break, and with winter break comes the seasonal depression. There are so many people who experience this every single year, so I have compiled a list of inspirational books to help you get through break.

• Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis

This novel follows the life of Rachel Hollis as she offers her own experiences and advice about everything that happened. It is a funny, tasteful, and enjoyable text that women all over are raving about.

• Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert

The author of Eat, Pray, Love is back and this time she is offering her own unique understanding of life and creativity. It is filled with her wisdom and wit in a conversational tone to inspire you to own that creativity.

• Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike by Phil Knight

As the founder and board chairman of Nike, Phil Knight gives his story of his success, and all that lead up to it. If you ever considered starting your own business, this is perfect for you and will inspire you to always follow your dreams.

• Becoming by Michelle Obama

One of the most iconic and compelling women of our era sits down to talk about her own life and how she established herself as more than a First Lady, but rather a powerful inspiration to women and girls everywhere.

• Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman

This is the only fiction novel on my list, but it is truly an inspiration story. It features an older woman who just left her abusive husband, and for the first time ever finds herself learning how to work and coaching a soccer team along the way.

Enjoy this break and keep your mind busy with these inspirational tales.

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.