Style

Incorporating Spring 2021 Fashion Trends into Your Daily Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

The uniform for college students – especially during covid times – seems to be leggings and a sweatshirt. While this is definitely a comfortable outfit to wear to class, sometimes you want to bring your outfit up a notch. Here are some easy ways to step up your outfit by incorporating spring 2021 fashion trends, without losing the comfort level you get with your “uniform.”

Add a trench coat

The addition of a good jacket is arguably one of the easiest ways to upgrade your outfit. Trench coats have been everywhere this season in a variety of colors, fits and materials. Find a trench you love and throw it on to elevate your basic look.

Swap out your skinny jeans for baggy or wide-leg trousers

Baggy trousers are naturally more comfortable than a pair of classic cigarette pants, making them perfect for everyday wear. Their loose fit makes them easy to dress down – try pairing them with a sweater or tee shirt you would normally wear with jeans. If you want to stick to wearing jeans, try a loose or wide-leg fit over the typical skinny jeans you may be used to.

Wear pastels

Pastels are always a classic spring trend and this season is no exception. Simply add a pastel piece to your outfit or go all out (in style and comfort) with a matching pastel sweat set.

Next time you’re picking out an outfit to wear to class, keep these tips in mind for a simple way to incorporate spring 2021 fashion trends.

Samantha is a junior studying Broadcast Journalism and Criminology at the University of Kentucky.