This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

A person’s style can speak a thousand words. Some prefer vibrant colors and trendy outfits, while others opt for a comfy, bolder look. Just like tangible preferences, intangible styles can also describe an individual and their decisions. With countless fragrances to select from, Bath & Body Works never fails to cater to the needs of any audience. From their classic selections to their seasonal delights, these fragrances themselves make a statement. Here are some things your favorite fragrances may say about you.

A Thousand Wishes

Bath & Body Works has a set of classic fragrances that seem to never leave the shelves regardless of the season. A Thousand Wishes is one of a select few that is always present in full force. This classic fragrance is perfect for individuals who love the familiar sensation of comfort. People that consider this their favorite fragrance are likely to value structure in their everyday life. They are invested planners who enjoy having a routine and avoid too much spontaneity. Fans of this fragrance are organized and are motivated through their productivity. 

Warm Vanilla Sugar

Similar to the classic favorites, the Warm Vanilla Sugar fragrance introduces a new subcategory within the original collections. Although this fragrance has held its ground for several years, its supporters vary in few ways from those of the original classics like A Thousand Wishes. Warm Vanilla Sugar exudes winter vibes that are specific to the holiday season. Even though this fragrance may seem seasonal, it consistently makes an appearance all year long. Fans of this fragrance are all about classics, but with a twist. They are optimists that look forward to holidays and events. Whether the events may be small or grand, they enjoy celebrating these victories and using them as motivation and inspiration for the future.

Eucalyptus Spearmint

Although classic fragrances never fail to achieve a sense of comfort, the stress relief collection at Bath & Body Works features a whole new level of comfort. The Eucalyptus Spearmint fragrance is well-known for its strong, soothing effects of the mind and body. After one whiff of this body mist, a cooling sensation rushes through an individual. Fans of Eucalyptus Spearmint are easy-going and spontaneous. They prefer to approach life with a rough outline rather than with a detailed plan. With so many activities, events and opportunities in life, they always leave their options open to unique experiences. Complementing their easy-going manner is their general avoidance of conflicts and confrontation. When put in such a situation, they strive to compromise quickly with no bad blood.  

Ocean

For those that are not a fan of the fruity fragrances, there is a selective collection that steers clear of this. The Ocean fragrance is a deodorizing body mist, so it is long-lasting and stronger when compared to the more traditional fruity scents. Individuals who are loyal to this fragrance want to make a bold statement. Although they don’t spend a significant amount of time weighing the pros and cons of a situation, they are confident in their final decisions. These are the people who want to stand out in a crowd and be heard. With such a dominant personality, they are able to nurture their outgoing, adventurous tendencies.

Oahu Coconut Sunset

Some people prefer to stick with the classic fragrances regardless of the time of year. Others are waiting for the next popular, novel fragrance to be released. Oahu Coconut Sunset is a new fragrance that has made its debut as spring is quickly approaching. This fragrance is a reminder of the warm weather that is yet to come. Individuals who are a fan of these seasonal fragrances are daring and enjoy the thrill of a fast-paced lifestyle. They are always the first in their friend groups to try something new or extend beyond their comfort zone. With such a vast array of opportunities and decisions to be made, these individuals are quick-witted and thrive during the most chaotic of times.

Hundreds of fragrances appear and disappear from shelves throughout the year. Some are in it for the long haul while others are in and out before you know it. Each fragrance comes with its own set of characteristics that can describe a person’s tastes and lifestyle. Did any of your favorites make the list and accurately depict your tendencies?

Dharani Ramaiah is sophomore at the University of Kentucky majoring in Biology and minoring in Neuroscience. During her spare time, Dharani loves working out, reading, and planning outings with her friends. In the future, she hopes to become a physician to make a difference in and beyond her community. Her instagram is @dharani_ramaiah.
Her Campus UK Contributor Account.