This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

As this semester quickly comes to an end, it is difficult to stay motivated. I’ve found it is ten times harder for me to get any work done this week than it has been all semester. However, we can’t throw in the towel just yet, we still have another week until we’re done and home for our winter break. Here are some tips to stay motivated and continue to be productive in these final days of the fall semester.

Make a to-do list everyday 

Starting your morning by making a to-do list allows you to see everything you have to get done at once and plan the order of your day. Personally, I feel as though once I put something on my to-do list, I absolutely have to get it done that day, so making the list motivates me to get more done each day. There is also nothing more satisfying than getting to cross something off of your to-do list once you have done it.

Reward yourself

Before I am about to get a lot of work done, I like to treat myself to Starbucks because it makes working more enjoyable. I also try not to watch television or YouTube until I am done working for the day. This way, these things are a reward for getting everything I needed to do for the day done, giving me something to look forward to.

Work while the sun is still out

A goal I have set for myself these past couple weeks has been to get the bulk of my work done during the day, while the sun is still out. I’ve found that this goal has motivated me to start working earlier in the day and therefore, I finish my work earlier as well. While I usually find myself working after the sun sets most days, I finish my work at around 8 pm rather than 2 am. 

Hopefully these tips will help you stay motivated and finish this semester off strong!

Samantha is a junior studying Broadcast Journalism and Criminology at the University of Kentucky.