Celebrities Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Celebrities Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Emily Veith / Justin Bieber / Hailey Baldwin Bieber / Pink / Lizzo
Wellness

How to Make the Most of Staying Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

I know that being quarantined in our houses has been very difficult for a lot of us. It can seem really suffocating and unproductive to just be stuck at home for this long. However, I think now is the perfect opportunity to get some things done that we normally don’t have the time to do.

Clean out your closet

If you’re anything like me, you have a hard time getting rid of clothes. I love to shop, but I never really get rid of any clothes that I already have. The task of going through my entire closet seems really daunting and time consuming, but now is the perfect time! We have nothing else to do so just devote a few hours one day to go through your closet and get rid of anything you no longer wear.

Rearrange your room

Being stuck in your house can become very monotonous, but by rearranging your room you give yourself a new environment to be in, which might just make you stay sane a little longer.

Read a book

Reading a book always seems like a good idea to me, but I never seem to have the time. Right now is the perfect opportunity to sit down with a book you’ve been meaning to read and devote some time to it. By the time this quarantine is over who knows how many books you’ll have read!

Call your friends

Life can become really overwhelming and fast paced, making it difficult to keep up with all our friends. While we’re all stuck in our houses with not much to do, why not take this time to talk to all of your friends and catch up with them.

Hopefully these ideas help you come up with some things to do while you’re stuck in your house!

Hi everyone! I am a senior here at UK and am originally from Northern Kentucky. I am majoring in Political Science and Journalism and am the President of Feminist Alliance at UK. I am very passionate about politics and current events, and I hope to bring a non-partisan view to all the articles I write!