HCUK Fall Reading List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Fall is coming up quickly and so begins evenings in an oversized, wool sweater with a pumpkin spice latte in hand while reading a good book.

If you are like me, it can be challenging finding the perfect book to read this fall to match the mood that the cozy season brings with it.

Here is my reading guide to pair perfectly with the crisp weather:

• The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

Who does not enjoy a memoir in the fall? This book brings together what it is like to grow up with an abnormal childhood including contemporary nomads, nonconformity with society, poverty and the unconditional love of a family. After you are finished reading, watch the movie and compare!

• Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman

Taking place in a rural town in the middle of nowhere, this precious story will give you a glimpse of the true meaning of a community and what it is like to overcome obstacles no matter what your age. It is a truly inspiring tale of never giving up until you are satisfied.

• It by Stephen King

No fall reading list is complete without a book to get you in the mood for Halloween. What better way to get prepared than with this classic by the acclaimed author. It’s the perfect amount of scare and a great storyline.

• Looking for Alaska by John Green

As college students I know it can be a turnoff when you hear a book labeled at YA, but this novel will not leave you disappointed. It is the perfect mix of friendship, loss, romance and what it means to come of age.

Enjoy the fall season watching football, eating pumpkin spice things, wearing hoodies and especially reading some of these great books!

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.