HCUK Campus Cutie: Aaron Gillette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Aaron Gillette (pictured far left)

Age: 23

Major: Kinesiology (Exercise Science)

Hometown: Chandler, Okla.

Height: 6’3”

Relationship status: SINGLE  

Extracurricular activities involved in at UK: Beta Theta Pi fraternity, UK club basketball

Favorite Movie: Remember Me (don’t judge)

Favorite Song: “All The Way” – Timeflies

Favorite Food: Cereal

Cats or Dogs? Dogs

Ideal First Date: Without a doubt, going to a UK basketball game and treating her to the finest soft-serve Lexington has to offer.

Favorite Female Celebrity: Allison Williams

Describe Yourself in 5 Words: It’s going down for real.

Where is one place you would like to visit?  I have always wanted to go to Italy, and this coming summer I actually get to.

What’s the most romantic thing you have done for a girl? It’s not the most romantic thing I’ve ever done, but it’s up there. Coincidentally, it turned out to be the best and the worst idea. On Valentine’s Day my senior year of high school, I skipped 5th period to blow up 50 red, heart-shaped balloons to hide in my girlfriend’s car for when school was let out, along with a six-foot polar bear holding chocolates and flowers in the driver’s seat. I had a great idea to fill some of the balloons with glitter because I thought it would add to the sincerity. Long story short, a couple balloons popped and her car interior was doused with glitter. We broke up a week later from nonrelated reasons…enjoy the lifetime of everything glitter, kid.

Biggest fear: Failing in the pursuit of happiness.

Who is your role model? Justin Timberlake (once again don’t judge)

If you had one superpower what would it be? To never have to drunkenly throw up again.

If you found a genie and had three wishes, what would they be? First, would be $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free; second would be revenge against my enemies; lastly, for all the children in the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If you were ruler of your own country, what would be the first law you introduced? My first law would be to nix all puns. No one will be allowed to say any puns.

What is one of your favorite quotes? “What’s the sense of having muscles if you don’t flex?” – Jeezy

How did you feel when I approached you about being a Campus Cutie? Very much honored. It was good to finally get my name out there just in time for me to graduate form UK.

Jersey girl who loves cats, a good book, and most importantly- the University of Kentucky.
"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).