ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Gifts for Everyone on Your List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Photo courtesy of unsplash.com

Thanksgiving has come and gone and now Christmas is getting closer. Personally Christmas is my favorite holiday, but for some it can be stressful. What do you buy for the person who has everything or someone that is picky? Here are some things you can buy for your friends and family that will please them and you.

• Gift Cards

Gift cards are the perfect gift for picky people. You can get them for their favorite clothing stores, restaurants, gas stations or even grocery stores. I know me personally I like to shop for myself, so I always ask for gift cards. Not only are gift cards great for picky people, they are great for the gift givers. They are easy to find and you can just grab them and go.

• Experiences

This is for the people who already have everything they could possibly need and more. When I say experiences I mean take them to places they have never been before.  These experiences could be physical activities, dining experiences or excursions in a new place. You could try a restaurant that offers unique cuisine or a different serving style. You could go indoor skydiving or go cart racing. There is always adventure waiting to happen and the gift of travel and new experiences is sure to make for a great gift.

• Journals

If you have a friend or family member that enjoys writing, a nice journal is an excellent gift. This will allow them to express their thoughts about their day or even use it when they travel. Journaling can also be a way to relax and unwind after a long day. If you have writers you need a gift for the journal is a perfect gift.

• DIY Kits

If a crafter is on your holiday list this year, DIY kits are a great gift. This will allow your friend to get crafty and make something unique. This year terrariums were very popular so a kit or the supplies for them to make their own, would be really neat.

• Tiny printer

This gift is for the social media guru on your list. This tiny printer connects to the back of your phone and instantly prints out the photos you take. The come out like polaroids and look great. If you really want to help them take better pictures for Instagram you can grab a camera lens for their phone, for quality photos every time.

These are just a few gift ideas that may be a huge hit for the people on your list. Do not let buying gifts stress you out and ruin the holidays. While it is nice to give gifts that is not the true meaning of the holiday. So enjoy being stress free this holiday season.

My name is Micah Hurt. I am a sophomore Equine major at the University of Kentucky. I am also a Resident Advisor (RA). I love to read, explore Lexington (or anywhere really), and listen to murder mystery podcast!