sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Get Spooky Lit This Halloween With These Festival Cocktails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

The best Halloweens are filled with lots of candy, spooky costumes, haunted houses and the company of good friends. However, add a twist to this Halloween by making some haunting alcoholic drinks at are sure to add tricks and treats to any evening.

• Spooky Sunrise

• 1.5 oz. of tequila

• 3 oz. Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade

• 1 oz. of grenadine

• 1 orange slice

• Black sugar

Take a glass of any size and the tequila followed by the lemonade. Float the grenadine on the top of the drink. Add the black sugar to the rim of the glass then complete the drink with an orange slice on the rim. You will have the perfect ombre sunset with a touch of eeriness!

• Peach Candy Corn Cocktail
    • .75 oz. grenadine

• 1 oz. pineapple juice

• 1.5 oz. whipped cream vodka

• 2 oz. IZZE Sparkling (Peach)

• Whipped cream

• Candy corn

Layering is key to this drink to create the perfect candy corn drink! Start layering with the grenadine and follow with the pineapple juice. Next, layer the whipped cream vodka and add IZZE on top. Add the final touches with actual whipped cream on top and embellish with candy corn.

•  Spellbound
    • 2 oz. Pinnacle Atomic Hot Vodka

• 1 oz. DeKuyper Pucker Sour Schnapps

• 1 oz. apple juice

• 3 oz. Halloween Nonpareils (sprinkles)

• Dry ice (optional)

Get ready to create spooky cocktail with lots of color and mystical effects. Take a martini glass and rim it with the sprinkles. Then, fill a shaker with ice and add the vodka, Schnapps and apple juice. Shake and strain the drink into the martini glass. Add a small piece of dry ice to create a foggy effect, but this part is optional. The drink should be a bright, lime green color.

• Black Magic
    • 2.5 oz. of Black Vodka of any brand

• .75 oz. of freshly squeezed lime juice (⅔ juice comes from one small lime)

• .5 oz. of simple syrup

• Ice

• Wilton Edible Pearl Dust in white

This drink is fit for any witch or wizard. In a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, the lime juice and the simple syrup. Fill the shaker with ice until it reaches the liquid limit line. Then, shake for 30 seconds. Before adding the drink to the martini glass, add a pinch of the pearl dust. If the drink is not shimmery enough, add more pearl dust and stir. Then enjoy!

• A Vampire’s Kiss
    • 2 oz. of raspberry vodka

• 2 oz. of Chambord raspberry liqueur

• 3 oz. cranberry juice

• Black sugar

Add the ingredients to a martini shaker and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the drink into the martini glass. For an added, spooky effect, rim the edge of the glass with black sugar. Or for a more “vampire blood” look, use red sugar instead of black.

Add an extra spooky and alcoholic touch to your Halloween this year by creating these themed cocktails that are perfect for the whole friend group or just yourself.

Get spooky and Happy Halloween!

Megan Rohrbach is a senior at the University of Kentucky. She is majoring in print journalism and minoring in criminology. Her dream jobs include working for the FBI, book publishing and writing for a women's magazine. When she's not in class or writing, she can be found watching her favorite Netflix shows, taking lots of naps, raving about the Ohio State Buckeyes and trying out a new makeup look. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter @themegmeg37.