andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Fun Date Nights in Lexington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Lexington, Kentucky and the surround areas are full of fun and engaging activities, but sometimes they can get a little overbearing and intimidating and leave you stuck in a rut when planning on going on. If you and your significant other are planning an evening out, this guide is for you!

1. The Kentucky Horse Park/Keeneland

One of my favorites here in Lexington is the pride for our horses. When it is Keeneland season, pop on your cutest outfit and an Ale-8 bangle, take $20 out of the bank and head to the race track! You will be in for a fun, full day of horse betting and tailgating. When it is not in season, you can still have tons of fun at the Horse Park. Take a tour, ride in a carriage, and watch the shows. It will be a date you will never forget!

2. Movie Tavern

Going to the movies is typical and cliché, right? At this theater, they sure are not! This theater is equipped with recliners to lay back in for your convenience. They also have reserve seating, so it is okay to show up last second! Last but not least, you can order dinner during the movie! With a full waiting staff and a decadent menu, this theater will not disappoint!

3. University of Kentucky Athletics

“Kentucky is a basketball school.” Yes, we get it. Did you know though that we have more than basketball and football, though? UK has sports events all year around and usually you can snag tickets for pretty cheap, or even free if you are a student there. From rifling, to soccer, to hockey, you will find a fun and exciting event to attend! Plus, who does not love a good concession stand?

4. The Summit Food Court and Plaza

A newer addition to Lexington, the Summit offers a number of fun activities if you enjoy eating and shopping. There is an entire Barn full of food court restaurants to choose from, including an ice cream place! Be sure to take a walk around the shops too, even if you are just window-shopping. It is always fun to see what the area has to view!

The horse capital of the world will not disappoint if you are looking for a fun and exciting new twist on date-night activities.

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.