Forget Diamonds, Margaritas and Happy Hours’ are a Girl’s Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

ATTENTION ALL MARG LOVING FEMALES: Applebee’s is offering $1 margaritas on the rocks during the whole month of October. No special Happy Hour times, no special coupon that you have to show your waiter/waitress or bartender, just show up to your nearest Applebee’s ready to consume all the margs your little heart desires for only a dollar.

According to an article published on Delish.com, Applebee’s is promoting these wonderful, “Dollaritas,” to show their customer’s some love. According to an announcement from the company, “the $1 margarita promotion is part of their “Neighborhood Appreciation Month” at participating restaurants across the country.”

Hey, I’ll take it!

*** This is 100% true. My boyfriend called our local Applebee’s in Georgetown, KY and asked and they did confirm it. THIS IS NOT A DRILL! ***

Applebee’s not your preferred scene? Why not head to the nearest Texas Roadhouse between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. for Happy Hour! Texas Roadhouse is offering $2 margaritas as well as $1 draft beers within this two hour span. What could be better than cheap margaritas paired with Texas Roadhouse’s undeniably delicious and addicting rolls with cinnamon butter?

T.G.I Friday’s is known for their appetizers’. Their loaded potato skins and mozzarella sticks are some of my go-to’s. Did you know that they offer Happy Hour special’s on their appetizers AND their drinks? T.G.I’s has happy hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday which includes certain drinks prices ranging from $3-$6. Some drinks that are included are:

• $4 signature T.G.I Friday drinks

• $4 House Long Island

• $5 ‘Rita Shaker

And for you beer lovers:

• $3 Bud Light, 14 ounce on draft

• $3 Coors Light and Miller Light, 14 ounce on draft

Half-price appetizer’s that are served during Happy Hour:

• Loaded Potato Skins

• Mozzarella Sticks

• Buffalo Wings

• Tuscan Spinach Dip

• Pan-Seared Pot Stickers

Okay, this next one might be the best Happy Hour deal in my personal opinion. I am an avid Mexican food eater. If I am eating out with my best friends or my boyfriend, 9 times out of 10 we are probably eating at a Mexican restaurant. Good news for all of you Mexican food lovers like me, Chuy’s has a Happy Hour too! Happy Hour at Chuy’s is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday every week and it includes:

• House Margaritas for $4.50

• House Texas Martinis for $8.25

• Domestic beer in bottles for $3.00

If anyone needs me you can more than likely find me drowning myself in margs and queso at Chuy’s, or at any of these other restaurants during their “can’t pass up” Happy Hours. “Treat yo self,” Am I right?

Thumbnail Photo By Katia Davis

Her Campus UK chapter Campus Correspondent. Senior at the University of Kentucky, majoring in journalism and minoring in information studies. If you see me around campus I'm probably rocking a messy bun with a large coffee in my hand.