Wellness

Five easy ways to prep for stressful week 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

As midterms are approaching, the deadlines are starting to pile on and everything seems like it is due at once and it is easy to get overwhelmed and stressed. I believe that if you thoroughly prepare for the week before it even begins, you are able to navigate through the week a lot smoother. 

Write out all your assignments

If your school uses Canvas, you can go into the calendar tab and see exactly what day and time your assignments are due. Writing the assignments in your planner can help you decide what assignments are a priority based on when they are due.

Plan your day 

Planning out your day hour-by-hour may seem excessive, but it’s the best way to ensure that you do not waste any time. I find that when I do not have anything planned for a certain amount of time, I end up wasting time. With planning your day hour-by-hour, you can also ensure that you do not spend too much time on a certain task.

Clean your room

I know this may sound arbitrary, but cleaning your room can help you destress. A clean living space can also clear your mind by removing the clutter from your room and giving you a clean slate to begin the week with.

Prepare your meals for the week

Preparing your meals for the week may not seem like something that will help you tackle a stressful week, but I firmly believe that it can. When you are stressed out, and have a million things to do, you usually don’t have time to cook, or even forget to eat. Preparing meals beforehand will help you save time, and make sure you are still eating.

Exercise or meditate 

Exercising is a good way to relieve some stress before a stressful week. However, I realize that not everyone likes to exercise, so I would also suggest meditation as another way to relieve stress.

Preparing for the week is always something you should do, but it’s especially important if you have a stressful week ahead. I know the midterm season is in full effect, but you got this!

Hi everyone! I'm Nia, a junior Communications major with a Journalism minor. I enjoy sports, skincare, and food. You will most likely see me working at one of the many sporting events at UK. I enjoy writing and I look forward to writing about a multitude of topics!