Style > Beauty

Fenty Beauty Foundation by Rihanna Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

When singer and songwriter Rihanna first introduced the Sephora-exclusive Fenty line, fans of her music and her message of equality and diversity flailed to the stores to get their hands on her $60 foundation that comes in a wide variety of shades to match all skin tones.

If you are a college student, odds are you really don’t have $60 to spend on foundation every month or two and you tend to go for drug-store makeup instead.

Using Neutrogena myself, I decided to go out on a limb and try a more expensive foundation and see if it was really any better. Here are my results with Fenty Beauty by Rihanna.

First getting to Sephora and getting a shading test for my color, I noticed it took a couple tries to find the perfect shade. However, I ended up leaving with my shade and it really was perfect to my skin color.

I have to say this; the packaging really is beautiful. It is sleek black with a decay look on it. The bottle itself was very simplistic, but beautiful as well nonetheless with a chicness to it.

I applied the foundation with a beauty blender, using about two pumps for my entire face into my neckline some. I have never used makeup that blended so easily with my skin! It was fast to cover up red spots as well as any blemishes without looking cakey. Overall, I was highly satisfied with the foundation by itself without finishing powder, but I did end up adding it to see how it will last in a normal day with my normal amount of makeup.

Spending a typical day out with classes, extracurricular activities and dinner, here is the result after the day. Keep in mind my face is typically oily by the end of the day.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase of Fenty Beauty Foundation by Rihanna and I definitely recommend it for any girl wanting to try something new and that will last all day!

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.