Fall Shows to Look Forward to this Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Fall is arguably one of the best seasons of the year. The reason why, however, may differ for some people. I love fall, because shows are either returning or premiering for the first time. Mark your calendars because the end of September will be packed with new and returning shows.

• 9-1-1

This show is returning for its second season, after doing amazing last spring. Angela Bassett plays a police officer for the LAPD and works alongside dispatchers and Firemen with the LAFD. They face some pretty outrageous calls and incidents, but they always pull through. All of the calls in the episodes are based off of true 9-1-1 calls. The new season returns with a two-part premiere on September 23rd and September 24th.

• Manifest

This is a new show gracing our screens this fall. The show follows an airplane that went missing for five years without a trace. When the plane finally does land all the passengers learn that they have been gone for five years. Follow along to see how they take advantage of their second chances with their family. The show is expected to air on September 24th on NBC.

• Law and Order SVU

Your favorite detectives are back for their 20th season of Law and Order SVU. Olivia is now the Lieutenant and Fin is the new Sergeant. This season will be introducing a few new recurring characters. The season will kick off with a two- hour premiere on September 27th.

Be sure to mark these days on your calendars to keep with all the drama making its way on screen. These shows are sure to be a hit this fall.

My name is Micah Hurt. I am a sophomore Equine major at the University of Kentucky. I am also a Resident Advisor (RA). I love to read, explore Lexington (or anywhere really), and listen to murder mystery podcast!