Every UK Student Needs These Apps on Their Phone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

These days there seems to be an app for everything. There are so many apps that make life on campus here at the University of Kentucky a whole lot easier, many of which I wish I knew about sooner. Here are the four apps I think every UK student needs on their phone!

Canvas

Canvas is an obvious must-have app for UK students. It allows you to complete and submit assignments as well as view any files uploaded to the class. It’s a lifesaver when it comes to the assignments you forget are due until the last minute when you’re away from your computer. 

Rider

I’m not going to lie, my entire first semester here at UK I didn’t ride the bus because I didn’t know how it worked. That’s why the Rider app is so important. It tells you all of the bus routes, where the nearest stop is and when the next bus will be there. 

Spin

You’ve probably noticed students riding electric scooters all over campus since you returned from fall break, they’re called Spin scooters and you can ride them too. All you have to do is download the Spin app and scan the QR code on one of the scooters to get started. It only costs $1 to get the scooter started and an additional $0.15 per minute. 

CSC Pay Mobile

There is no worse feeling than getting to the laundry room only to see that all of the machines are being used. The CSC Pay Mobile app lets you see how many machines are available in your laundry room as well as how long is left on machines that are currently being used. You can also use the app to pay for your laundry and you’ll even get a free $5 credit when you download the app. When you share the app with a friend and they sign up, you’ll receive an additional $5.

From easier ways to get around campus to free loads of laundry, these apps are super helpful for UK students!

Samantha is a junior studying Broadcast Journalism and Criminology at the University of Kentucky.