This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

The cold weather combined with spending most of our time at home makes it hard to get things done every day. Try doing these simple things to become more productive. 

Schedule your tasks

Rather than simply making a to-do list, schedule times throughout the day for you to get each specific task done. This will help prevent you from procrastinating throughout the day. Also be sure to schedule breaks for yourself between tasks, this will make your workload less daunting.

Eliminate any distractions

If having the television on in the background will distract you from your work, turn it off. If you find yourself picking up your phone every time it goes off, put it on do not disturb and place it on the other side of the room so you won’t be tempted by it. Getting rid of any distractions will help you focus on the task at hand. 

Find the time you’re most productive

Everyone is different. Some people are most productive in the mornings while others thrive in the late hours of the night. Determine what time of day you’re most productive and try to get the bulk of your work done during that time. 

Keep your workspace clean

A messy desk can cause stress and prevent productivity, so it’s best to keep your workspace clean. Decide what needs to be on your desk and organize it so it is neat and put away anything that doesn’t need to be out. 

These four things are simple but try them out and you’ll be amazed at how they improve your productivity. 

Samantha is a junior studying Broadcast Journalism and Criminology at the University of Kentucky.
Her Campus UK Contributor Account.