Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Direct Sales in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

The life of a college student is always packed full of homework, bills, social life and class. For many students, they have to also find time in-between all of that for a job. Some students go about the traditional route and work in a store or restaurant, while others search online for a job from the comfort of their apartment or dorm room. As someone who took the latter option, I want to share my experience with direct sales in college.

When first starting out, it can be very hard to work toward gaining an audience and exposure. Of course, there will always be those friends or family members who question why you will not just get a “real” job, and may hinder your confidence right off the bat. However, I am here to say that direct sales are in fact a real job, where you interact with real people and make real money.

It will not happen overnight but over time you will get an audience and a following that are eager to order from you. There is nothing like coming home after class and going to work on your own schedule, making money from your room and never really having to talk to anyone if you do not want to. We all have our days, right?

Direct selling for me has boosted my confidence and got me messaging people online I never would think I would talk to and has gained me so many friendships through that as well. Social media is a way of life for college students, and it is reasonable to assume that many of us work better when we are utilizing social media in the workplace as well.

As an advocate for direct sales and working on my own schedule, I really hope you give it a try when you are looking for your next job while juggling so many duties that college life has to offer.

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.