A major staple of Halloween are the desserts! My original plan was to make my own Halloween cookies and show y’all the fun ideas I found. However, in the cookie decorating process I learned that icing and I do not get along well.

Plan B was to find some different cookie decorating ideas and show them to y’all! Here are a few of my favorites:

• Pinterest user Julia M Usher posted these cute orange and spooky cookies that I absolutely adore!!

• Pinterest page Catch My Party posted these simple Halloween cookies that I am sure anyone (except me) could make!

• Caramel Cookie posted these precious bat and ghost cookies on Pinterest as well! I learned in my endeavors that shaping cookies can be pretty difficult, so I definitely recommend using some sort of cookie cutter.

My cookie decorating adventure did not go as planned. I did not have all the tools that could have benefited this task, and I also lacked a lot of the skill that comes with the decorating process.

I hope y’all enjoy these little ideas and I hope y’all have better luck than I did! Let me know if you try them out and how it went!

My hair is usually frizzy and I’m usually craving coffee. I’m a senior at U.K. majoring in Secondary Education with a focus in Social Studies and minoring in Anthropology. I’m so happy to be writing for HerCampus, and so blessed to be on our executive board for my senior year!