This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Are you feeling overwhelmed, angry or sad? Take some time to clear your head with these at home remedies and tricks.

Crystals and Gemstones

There are thousands of crystals in the world and each one has a different purpose. Some are used to manifest and set goals, while others are used to spread love and positive energy. No matter what you are looking for, there is a crystal for it. My favorite crystal is clear quartz, also known as the “master healer.” This crystal regulates energy and balances the body. Keep these crystals close to you and set your intentions.

Incense and Burners

Incense are my go-to for feeling relaxed. My favorites are palo santo and sage. With incense like these, you light them and blow on them to produce a smoky aroma around you. Palo Santo is used to clear negative energy around you and has similar effects to CBD, making you feel relaxed. Sage is used to clear any energy around and when lit, it produces heavier smoke that is mesmerizing to watch. When using incense, it is important to not put the smoke too close to your face, but instead wave it around you or your area.

Aromatherapy and Essential oils

Aromatherapy is great because it comes in many different forms such as candles, oils, plants and other products. Some products I use are eucalyptus body oil that helps me destress, lemongrass shea butter, lavender pillow spray that helps me sleep and an array of many different essential oils in my diffuser. I also use eucalyptus and lavender plants in my room and bathroom that smell amazing.

Teas and Treats

What you consume can really affect how you feel. Sipping on a warm cup of tea can help clear your mind and focus on how you are feeling. There are different types of teas for different things like anxiety, the flu, nighttime or morning time. Some common teas are green tea, black tea, matcha, camomille, citrus, hibiscus, ginger and endless options. Some teas even include CBD in them which relaxes your body. You can also find CBD in other forms like gummies, pills, oils and more. 

Alyssa Vagnoni- Junior studying Communications at University of Kentucky.
Her Campus UK Contributor Account.