Best Places to Travel for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Dreaming big this Valentine’s day? Here are a few destinations to get your imagination churning. The possibilities are endless for a romantic getaway but these are a few of my favorites.

• Paris, France

The city of love, what could be more fitting? Paris is portrayed as one of the most romantic cities in the world. France itself is known for its sophisticated cuisine and tasty wine. Visiting the famous Louvre art museum would be an easy way to impress your significant other. Being the biggest art museum in the world, this museum is incomparable. This is one of the many beautiful sights in Paris that would complete a romantic getaway. Others include the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, many adorable shops and cafes.

• Venice, Italy

A picturesque city if I ever did see one. Built on 100 islands, this city has no roads. Just canals. Riding in a gondola with beautiful scenery around you would be a lovely experience for any couple.

• Budapest, Hungary

Hungary’s capital is full of history going back to Roman times. Head to the Fisherman’s Bastion for some marvelous sneakpeaks of the cityscape. Budapest’s most popular attraction, the thermal baths, is a must while visiting for it is a rather relaxing adventure. Budapest offers sweeping views of their scenery which makes for a lovely romantic night.

• Seville, Spain

A few things you can do in Seville include flamingo dancing, Alcazar castle complex and their famous city square. This beautiful gem in Spain just simply looks like a romantic getaway hotspot yet it more lowkey than some of the bigger European cities. This might be the spot for you if you are looking for a more peaceful, serene location.

Exciting nightlife. Fantastic cuisine. Beautiful scenery. What more could you want to surprise your significant other with? Try one of these locations out for your next bae-cation.

Body photos from Unsplash

Hi all, I'm Paige. You could find me outside or making art. I'm inspired to take on another semester leading a great group of girls at UK!