This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Part II of the Netflix original The OA was released this past Friday. The first part of the series made its debut in 2016 – three years prior to the second part of the show. With only eight episodes per season, some might wonder why part II was delayed for so long. However, if you have seen the season, you will understand the amount of time, effort, planning, and artistry that has gone into this show.

I binged part II this weekend and decided I needed to discuss my personal favorite aspects of this creative and innovative show.

Warning: Spoilers Below!!

• The multiple dimensions plotline

The show hints at this coming plotline in the first season, but doesn’t develop the idea until part II. In the beginning of the second season OA finds herself in an alternate dimension, living the life she would have had if she never had an NDE. The use of the multiple dimensions concept is very well-done and is not one I have seen in other media.

• The boys and BBA

While OA is in a new dimension, her friends she made as Prairie are still in the original dimension seeking answers to what happened to her and how to help. Seeing the group continue to work together even after Prairie’s passing shows how big her impact was on them.

• Biden as President

I know this was probably a gag, but the implication that in this dimension Obama never runs for president while Joe Biden wins was a expertly placed joke – especially in the time of his possible campaign for 2020.

Overall, this show has many amazing aspects. The entire plot is very well thought out and the characters go through excellent development. The cinematography is also beautiful. The OA is an incredible example of what sci-fi television should be.

An introvert who expresses better in writing. Freshman at the University of Kentucky. Avid lover of TV shows, fictional characters, dance, thrift stores, and adventures.