nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Ways to Stay Motivated After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Photo by Sydney Rae

After a long week off from school, getting back into the swing of things is tough. Summer is only two months away and we all cannot wait to be free from homework and laying on the beach, but that does not mean school is over just yet. Here are a few tips on how to stay motivated and stay on track these last two months of school:

1. Wake up earlier

Even if you don’t have an 8 am, try waking up earlier and getting at least one thing done before your first class. Pour a cup of coffee, put on some jams and get sh*t done. Now you have started the day on a productive note!

2. Make a daily to-do list

If you are not doing this already, making a check-list every single day of the tasks you need to complete is a great way to stay on top of things. It insures that you do not forget to do any work or slack off and it is satisfying to check everything off your list at the end of the day.

3. Take Notes

Go to all of your classes and really pay attention this time. Make sure to take notes—writing it down will help you remember it and be easier when studying for the test. You can get colored pens and highlighters to make note-taking more fun and organize your thoughts better!

4. Get Moving

If you can find the time, try working in the morning or in between classes. It will get your body moving and release endorphins, motivating you to continue being productive and staying on a positive note.

5. Set Reminders

Sometimes just setting a simple reminder on your phone can make a huge difference. You can set tasks at specific times to guarantee you complete them when needed. You can also put sticky notes around your apartment with tasks or quotes reminding you to accomplish your goals for the day.

6. Reward Yourself

If you work hard and are on top of things, taking a five-minute break to relax will not hurt. After checking everything off of your list at the end of the day, do a face mask or watch TV. Rewarding yourself for being productive will motivate you to keep getting stuff done. Then, make your daily to-do list for the next day and get a good night’s sleep.

Now you have a few tips on how to stay on top of things before the end of the year. As basic as they are, just reading them is the first step. You know your goals for the semester, you have the means to complete them, now you just need to get out of bed and take on the day.

Hi, I'm Jillian! I am currently studying Interior Design and Business at the University of Kentucky. Besides design, some of my passions include writing and fashion. I also love traveling--exploring new, fun places with friends is one of my favorites pastimes.