6 Confessions of a Girl that Tries Too Hard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

6 Confession of a girl that cares too much 

1. We feel like we try to hard.           We plan dates. We skip hanging out with friends to make time for our significant other. We spend less time with family and more time with our other half. We do all of these things that our significant other might not be doing as much of. Therefore, it feels like we are trying to hard. 

2. We feel insignificant.

If we are the only ones putting in the effort we will feel insignificant and like we do not matter. Even if it’s not true sometimes we get that feeling. Maybe we know its not true but we still feel that way. 

3. We question the relationship

We know we love you and care deeply about you. But we wonder if you feel that same way. Do you love us as much as we love you? Are we on the same page?

4. Are we too attached? 

There is such a thing as being too into someone. Liking or loving them so much that it looks like we are clingy or needed. Wanting to do everything and anything for them. Being there for them like no one else can. 

5. We tell ourselves we are going to stop.

We say we are going to stop doing and caring so much all the time. Even though we end up not stopping, we consider it. Sometimes if we pull back and stop doing so much we think it will make our significant other want to do more. But this hardly ever works. 

6. The little things mean the most to us.

Any little thing our significant other does for us will be greatly appreciated. Even giving us a single flower or planning a simple date will mean so much to us. It lets us know we are on their minds. 

I admit I am the girl that cares way too much. But after being that girl, I have accepted it and realized that it isn’t a bad thing. It’s a good thing. It shows him how much he means to me and how much I care for him. If you are the girl that cares too much don’t change the person you are. Someone will come along and love it. 

Hey I'm Samantha. Senior at University of Kentucky Graduating in December 2016 From Northern Kentucky Aspiring writer and public relations specialist
My name is Sydney E. Baker, but mostly people call me Slim. As a junior at the University of Kentucky, I am pursuing a B.A in Integrated Strategic Communication (a mouthful I know but I wouldn't have it any other way). During my studies, I am focused on building my professional self - which basically means staying so busy that I hardly get a wink of sleep. I previously served as the Campus Correspondent for the UK chapter of Her Campus and before that I was only a writer. To know more about me visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/sydneyebaker.