5 Ways to Make the Most of Spring Break at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Staying home for spring break? You’re not alone! Here are five things you can do to make the most of your spring-break staycation.

• Binge watch a new show

When you’re in college you don’t have as much time to sit around and watch tv, so you’re probably missing out on tons of new shows. Grab some snacks, pick a show and spend a day on the couch. Sometimes it’s fun to do nothing at all!

• Pamper yourself

Self-care Sunday? More like self-care spring break. You have a whole week off after being stressed studying for finals, treat yourself! Get your nails done, do a face mask, do whatever makes you feel good!

• Try out a new restaurant

Chances are, a new restaurant or two have opened up in your hometown while you’ve been away. Use the time you’re home to go try one of them out!

• Clean out your closet

Let’s be honest, there are a lot of clothes in our closets that we never wear and may have even forgotten about. Which is why cleaning out your closet can be fun! You’ll find cute clothes you never got to wear out and may even still have a tag on it, it’s almost like you went shopping for new clothes!

• Be a tourist in your own town

Though to you your hometown may seem boring, other people probably really enjoy visiting it. Go online and search for things to do in your town, you’ll be surprised by how many cool things there are that you didn’t know about!

Happy spring-breaking!    

Samantha is a junior studying Broadcast Journalism and Criminology at the University of Kentucky.