5 Tips for Self Care

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Photo By Giulia Bertelli

College is beyond stressful, especially with midterms coming up. I know personally I have stayed up way too long and stressed over many readings and study guides. With that being said, I found myself in a sort of slump and had little ambition to keep studying. It was like I was burnt out. I realized I needed a week of self-care, while still balancing my studies. Here’s some tips on how to take care of yourself during what feels like the apocalypse of exams.

1. Have a mini declutter session.

When you are stressed and focused on studying, sometimes the room can get a little cluttered and needs a touch up. Clear off your desk and pick up the clothes off your floor. Try making your bed every day at least. When you come in you will feel more comfortable studying and will feel better about yourself for taking the time to clean up a bit.

1. Watch a TedX Talk and Be Inspired

Whenever I watch these I always find myself thinking of new ways I can better myself and how I can help the world. Inspiration is literally radiating out of these speakers and I guarantee you will feel so much better after watching.

1. Give Yourself a Mani/Pedi.

Nail salons can get pricey, but if you can afford it, I suggest going at least once a month. If you do not want to spend that, try giving yourself one at home. There are plenty of nail cleaning kits out there and gel polishes. There is nothing wrong with pampering yourself.

1. Get Creative

There is nothing better for getting your mind off of stress than getting down and crafty. Hit up Pinterest and find some DIY for face masks, sugar scrubs and maybe some soaps. This stuff is extremely easy to make and you will love making it.

1. Make a Goal Board

I did this this year actually and I have never felt so motivated. I write on a white board every night what my daily goals for the next day are and not just school related ones. It keeps me focused on what to do and reminds me to step back and take a breath in between it all.

I hope you take these tips and use them as a guide to take care of yourself. You are worth it and you can do amazing things!

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.