Style > Beauty

4 Drug Store Products You Need For Your Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Acne: the enemy of people everywhere. Those cringy teenage years can be the worst for acne, but sometimes acne creeps back up on you in adulthood, too. If that is the case, then check out these cult-favorite products and think about giving them a shot:

• Shea Moisture’s African Black Soap Bar

This soap bar is not like other soap bars. It is made with shea butter and ash, meant to clear blemishes, absorb oil and make skin smoother. Plus, I low-key think it smells like that cotton candy yogurt that was available as a kid. Clean your face twice a day with this soap for the best results. All around, this is a great cleanser if you are looking to clear your acne!

• Neutrogena Rapid Clear Treatment Pads

All I can say is WOW. These cotton pads, which are soaked in salicylic acid (the ultimate acne clearer), clear acne ultra-fast. They are very strong and may make your eyes water, but they are great for clearing blemishes of any sort. I use one pad in the morning and one in the evening, followed by a moisturizer so my face does not dry out from the acid. I highly recommend these if you’re in a hurry to get rid of pesky pimples!

• Thayer’s Witch Hazel Toner

This witch hazel toner is a highly respected toner in the makeup community. The formula, which contains aloe vera, and vitamin E is great for clearing acne-prone skin and protects it against future breakouts. Squeeze some onto a cotton round and dab it on your face twice a day for the best results! This product comes in several scents, including rose and cucumber, as well.

• CosRX Pimple Patches

These patches are MAGIC. All you have to do is put a patch over a whitehead or other blemish that has come to a head and leave it overnight. While you sleep, the patch sucks out all the gunk from your pimple and reduces redness. These patches have saved me multiple times when I have had nasty whiteheads in noticeable places on my face. It takes minimal effort for great results!

The best part about these products is that none of them costs more than $12. So what are you waiting for?! Try them out and see the results you have been dreaming of!

I am a first year student at the University of Kentucky majoring in Psychology and Writing, Rhetoric & Digital Studies. My favorite things to do are write and travel, and my dream job would be a travel writer because it combines both of my passions!