andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things a Girl Wants From Her Boyfriend, but Will Never Ask For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Photo Courtesy of pixabay.com

Every girl has high and unrealistic expectations when it comes to their view of relationships. We can thank “The Notebook,” for that. Whether we want to admit it or not, we are all secretly waiting for our Noah to write and send us 365 heartfelt, handwritten, love letters confessing all of the feelings that he has for us. But, let’s be honest, that’s more than likely never going to happen.

Ladies, we all need to take a step back to reevaluate and, slightly, lower our expectations a little bit.

And guys, you all need to realize that we females don’t ask a lot from you all. All we really need from you all is food, attention and the occasional compliment. There’s a long list of things that we really want from you all and we will never ask for, but here are just a few that will really brighten our day:

1. A sweet text to wake up to in the morning

2. Motivate her when things get hard at school, work, or everyday life

3. Laugh at her jokes

4. Give her true compliments when she changes up her hairstyle or buys a new outfit

5. Share your secrets with her. Ones that you never thought you would share with anybody

6. Sacrifice your manly ego for her when need be

7. Fully pay attention to her when she is sharing her future plans with you

8. Surprise her with flowers occasionally

9. Watch that chick-flick with her. You may end up enjoying it

10. Tell her she’s beautiful daily because sometimes she really needs to hear it.

“Why won’t girls just speak up and ask for these things?” We don’t want to sound clingy and needy. We’re afraid if we tell you we want you to do these things, you’ll get freaked out and leave. Girls just want to feel wanted and beautiful!

“Girls are so confusing, I don’t understand them.” Sometimes, we are confusing. But, if you take the time to do these 10 things, you’ll receive millions of “awww’s” and “thank you’s” from that special girl in your life. 

Her Campus UK chapter Campus Correspondent. Senior at the University of Kentucky, majoring in journalism and minoring in information studies. If you see me around campus I'm probably rocking a messy bun with a large coffee in my hand.