Your Passion is Calling You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Glide down a slope of hardened snow upon the first utterance of red, yellow, and purple, in Kathleen Edwards’s, “For the Record.”  It’s layering over nothing but a spinning tape has you falling, falling, falling.  That is until you let the refrain, “I only wanted to sing songs,” take you through an unremitting tunnel of thick, running blood.  This tune’s length provides you with the agony the vocals feel for their long-awaited outcry, so take hold of your passion and do not permit long studying hours to leave it stranded in the cold.

Let’s also offer The Shins’ new song, “Simple Song,” off their new album, Port of Morrow, some hot cocoa, and a nice sit down.  After all, we have not heard from them in quite some time, and small talk is absolutely imperative!  Ever since Garden State debut this band to me, I have felt obliged to provide them with room on the roof.  Join us in emitting long tones of freedom from the top of BSB and into the skyline before us.

With a screaming start and clearly about to hit mainstream, welcome Emeli Sandé into warmth and into your colossal headphones; her running-start beats will have your speakers bouncing through every snowflake.  Give “Heaven” a listen and escape from your troubles of the month, what with midterms approaching at full-speed.  With yet another highway motorcycle brigade song, keep that chin up, and remember that time passes without requesting your discretion.  Keep watch on that gold glint on your wrist, but only if you are not doing what you are supposed to.