Your Guide to Surviving Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Yeah, the food is awesome, but let’s not forget the amazing deals at stores the day after Thanksgiving. Black Friday shopping is what many consider the beginning of the Christmas season because many use this time to buy presents, but it can get a little out of hand when you and another customer try to reach for the same handbag at Target. Here are a few tips to help you leave the store without being injured by some crazy shopper.

1. Do your research beforehand.

Check the websites of the stores you want to go to. You don’t want to miss any door busters or any sales because you didn’t research beforehand.

2. Download apps.

Most stores have apps now, and they now may have some extra discounts on the items you’re planning to purchase. 

3. Shop during meal hours.

Meal times are the best time to go shopping because yeah people like to shop, but people like to eat more. You are able to have a better chance of finding something you want while people are normally eating than when people are more likely to be shopping.

4. Wear comfy clothes. 

You can never go wrong with sweatpants and UGGs because no one minds your attire.

5. Don’t forget it’s just stuff.

At the end of the day, these are just items at a store, so don’t get into a fight over that belt on the rack.

Happy shopping, collegiettes!!

I am a first-generation college student who is pursuing a bachelor's degree in communication. I am passionate about social media and the way that it allows us to connect with communities of people all over the world. I like to write about the effects of social media on our day-to-day lives, social media tips to gain followers, lifestyle, food, and things to do in Chicago.
UIC Contributor.