Why You Won’t Orgasm During A Hook Up (Or Less Likely)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

You end up going home with that guy at the bar. You’re buzzing, but sober enough to know what you’re doing, and this is what you want to do. You haven’t had sex in over 3 months, and YOU’RE READY. You get to his place, clothes are flying everywhere, hands are grabbing, and body temps are at an all-time high. You get into his bed, and he goes straight for the condom and straight to sex, no foreplay, no nothing, and you’re kind of shocked, but you think, I’m getting laid. After about 6 minutes, he’s done. You look into space saying, what the actual f**K. He gives some sort of grunt of satisfaction, and he rolls over and falls asleep. You creep out after, totally defeated at what you just experienced. You didn’t get anything out of that: no foreplay and most importantly no orgasm.

Ladies, you’re not going to get much else in a hookup experience, because you know why? In these types of relationships, one person is more than likely to only be concerned about their orgasm and not about the other person’s (in this case for most of my collegiette women, it’s the men). People who take an active participation in these types of behaviors are more than likely going to be selfish for their satisfaction, which is entirely understandable. Hookups are made to be selfish: they are for a short-term outlet on sexual gratification with a temporary someone. However, in studies made by top-tier institutions, have shown that more than 50% of women fake orgasms. So what this means is that the average woman doesn’t really know what an orgasm is! That is a true shame in the world of satisfaction entirely. I can honestly say as a sexually active individual, that I have faked more orgasms that I should have ever. In speaking to most of my female friends as well, they also don’t really know if they have truly experienced an orgasm. Which also leads to another question of: when will we truly orgasm?

Studies have shown, that women and men in defined relationships have had better and more passionate sex, which means a more genuine orgasm. These two people have left selfishness at the door and have made strides to see what that other person is into and have a genuine interest in pleasuring the other partner. Now, this comes with a lot of communication, understanding, and willingness to learn about your partner sexually. Now, this is not to say that you can’t communicate this in a hookup, however, it’s really difficult to relay exactly what you want to happen in order to fully feel satisfied.

But ladies, we still have hope. In order to really know what you want, explore yourself a bit, think about what you want in the bedroom and how you want the sex to be and feel for you. But the most important key here is communication and getting to know your sexual self as a whole in order to make sex more pleasurable and to truly experience the God-Given orgasm. Remember, stay bold and stay true.

Senior at the University of Illinois-Chicago, studying Integrated Health, with a Nursing goal!
UIC Contributor.