jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why You Should Attend The Women’s March

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The Women’s March is coming to Chicago! March to the Polls will take place on Saturday, October 13, 2018 in Grant Park! Here are a few reasons why you should consider attending: 

Voice Your Opinion

This is a chance to voice what you believe in! You’ll be able to stand up to certain causes you strongly support. Whether it’s a political or social concern, this is the time to speak your mind!

Empower Yourself

Attending marches truly does empower you. It’s a great way to relieve stress and strengthen your feelings towards a certain cause or issue. It is especially empowering because you’re in the company of others!

Create a Sense of Unity

Living in or near the city of Chicago is definitely a perk! It’s not uncommon to find tens of thousands of people marching with you. When you attend these marches, you create a sense of unity with the thousands of people that are fighting for similar causes.

March Through Downtown

Not only is the march great in itself, but the fact that you get to walk through the streets of downtown Chicago is a unique experience as well. Streets will be blocked off and police officers will guide and protect marchers as they walk.

Listen to Speakers

Before the march begins, you always have the chance to listen to amazing speakers! They are not only empowering, but they are also very inspirational!

Photos from January 2018:

(Photos by author)

Hello everyone! My name is Ranya and I am a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I am undeclared and on the pre-med track. Something to know about me is that I love exploring the city, so you could always catch me biking around!
UIC Contributor.