Unusual Ways to Celebrate Spring in Chicago Area

It looks like winter is over in Chicago! It’s time to celebrate the new warmer weather and shake off those winter blues. Here are some unusual ways to do just that: 

Color Festival

Did you miss the Color Run in Chicago this year? Don’t worry, we’ve got the next best thing: The Color Festival in Naperville. Gather in the park with friends and strangers alike to throw colors and celebrate the arrival of spring . The event provides free food and drink, shopping, and music. The colored powder is safe and provided for only $2 a bag. This event begins at 11 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. For more details check out their website: http://www.thefestivalofcolors…

Girls Only Dance Party

Already missing your best girlfriends with the end of the semester coming up? Attend a girls only dance party at Perceptual Motion Dance Studio. “This sixty-minute, free-form, open event has just three rules: no boys, no booze and no judgment. Show up in your headband, leg warmers or other fabulous workout gear and let loose in a dimly lit room pulsating with everything from Broadway to hip-hop to ’80s hits.” Hop on the blue line a few stops to 4057 N. Damen Ave. It’s sure to be a great time! 

HuntChicago

For an interactive experience that you can do alone, with family, or friends, check out HuntChicago. It is an interactive scavenger hunt that you can begin at any time. All you do is buy the game you want on your smartphone and start hunting! Designed for seasoned city dwellers, tourists, or anyone looking to learn and experience more about the city, this scavenger is all done through text messaging. Check out their website for more details: http://www.huntchicago.com/ 

Campus: University of Illinois at Chicago Major: English with a concentration in Media, Rhetorical and Cultural Studies Minor: Psychology, Sociology Melissa is born and raised in Chicago. She started out at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign before coming to UIC.
Campus: University of Illinois at Chicago Major: English with a concentration in Media, Rhetorical and Cultural Studies Minor: Germanic Studies Status: Senior Jennifer is a born and raised Chicago girl passionate about her studies. She loves to help people all that she can and contribute to the betterment of others. Used to being on the go, Jennifer is enthusiastic about obtaining her degree and learning many different things along the way. She is interested in music, movies, reading, volunteering, and is a major Blackhawks fan. Her dream is obtain her degree and work with writing in a fashion that will reach out to people.