This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

#QuoteAMovieAtABadTime is trending on Twitter, and it has me literally laughing out loud. This is probably the best thing I’ve seen on the interent in a long time!

My New Year’s resolution for 2020 is to use my Twitter account more often. I’ve had a Twitter for over 5 years, and I don’t use it as much as I used to. In the past, I’ve found it as an important tool for obtaining news, finding memes, and following celebrities. In a last-stitch effort to justify keeping my account, I told myself I need to start using it more. 

So here we are, the day is February 20th, and I am doing my daily “check Twitter so I don’t have to delete my account” routine…Most days I check the “Trending” section to keep up with the cool-kids and see what’s popular. Here is where I stumbled on the trending hashtag “#QuoteAMovieAtABadTime. The more and more I scrolled through the feed, the more and more I couldn’t stop laughing. This is reason number one that I need to shed some light on what might be one of the funniest hashtags I have seen so far this year.

Don’t say this if you’re ever a best man at a wedding:

Don’t ever say this if you get pulled over by a cop for speeding:

However, you could say this if you have an assignment due at 11:59pm and you start it at 11:58pm:

But don’t ever say this on a first date:

Number 2 of what you might not want to say on a first date:

Or what you say after checking your bank account balance:

Don’t ever think of yelling this phrase at the bank:

And of course my favorite one that I tweeted to add to the trending topic:

I'm a senior at the University of Illinois at Chicago. My major is Communication with a concentration in public relations. Writing has always been my passion and HC lets me utilize my love for it. On the weekends you can find me binge watching Netflix shows like The Office or Parks and Rec. I'm also a sucker for Dunkin Donuts and cute puppies!
UIC Contributor.