This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Are you tired of the never-ending breakouts? You pop a pimple only for it to be there again the next day! You might like this method.

I have had an issue with breakouts for as long as I can remember. Things such as stress, hormones, and your diet can have an impact on your skin. Too much homework, birth control, and greasy, yet delicious, french fries have caused me to have horrendous breakouts. Over the past couple of months, I have experimented with a variety of soaps, lotions, and toners and I found the perfect remedy for my skin.

Here is what has helped me in my everyday routine. I personally have fair to oily skin. I also tend to get blackheads on my forehead, nose, and chin, and acne on my cheeks.

Step one:

Try and refrain from wearing foundation on the specific parts of your skin that tend to break out. Always remove your makeup as soon as possible. Do not wear it longer than you need to; it keeps your pores clogged.

Step two:

Try to wash your face twice a day. Right when you wake up and before you go to bed are goods time to do so. If you have oil skin, use a face soap that is oil free. If you can, use a product that contains salicylic acid, it is a great acne treatment for your skin that is gentle enough for daily use.

When drying your face with a towel, always remember to pat it dry instead of rubing it, this prevents wrinkles.

Step three:

After washing your face put aloe vera gel on your skin. I have a plant at home and I like to cut a small piece of the leaf off and rub the inside of the leaf all over my skin. If you do not want a plant, you can always purchase a bottle of pure aloe vera. There are many benefits to using aloe. Aloe vera has anti inflammatory properties, it stimulates cell growth, it fights aging skin, heals acne scars and wounds. It is also rich with vitamins, minerals, sugars, and amino acids.

Step four:

Use a toner. I recommend using it once or twice a week after you wash your face.

Step five:

Always use a moisturizer. It is important to moisturize your skin because this prevents dry skin. Moisturizing can improve the texture of your skin and mask imperfections.

These are the daily steps I take to prevent my acne. I also recommend using tea tree oil and hydrogen peroxide directly on acne after you have popped it. It is not something you want to do everyday but can help the healing process.

It is important to keep your skin clean and hydrated. Always consider your dieting and lifestyle as well.

UIC Contributor.