Summer and Spring: The Best Seasons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Photo by Anneliese Phillips on Unsplash

Chicago weather has me feeling some type of way lately. One day it’s snowing, another it’s raining, and the next it’s sunshine and unicorns. About four weeks ago, our lovely groundhog Punxsutawney Phil, yes that’s the name, told us that we have six more weeks of Winter, but we haven’t really been experiencing that. Chicago weather can be frustrating, but, no matter what, we all get excited for Spring and Summer because it’s super nice outside and we can do fun things.

In the Spring, we can have picnics, sit outside and do homework, roam the city of Chicago, and whatever else your heart desires. In the Summer, we can go to the beach, go to Lollapalooza or Spring Awakening, go swimming, go camping, and feel absolutely free. There’s no stress of school, and that’s just what we need in the Summer. Spring is a segway into Summer. It gives us the nice weather, and sometimes rainy days, that Summer brings us, we just aren’t allowed to be as free as we are in the Summer.

We have about two more months until Summer, and there are many things we can do when Summer comes, but until then all we can do is daydream about the hot sun, beaches, hanging out with your friends whenever and wherever we want, and also, not having to worry about school. 

Hello, my name is Alex Burrell. I am a first year at the University of Illinois at Chicago as an English major with a concentration in Media, Rhetorical, and Cultural Studies, as well as a Spanish minor. Writing has always been a passion of mine, and I am grateful to have the opportunity to share my works with you. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact me on Twitter @alexburrell9!
UIC Contributor.