Style Spotlight of the Week: Gwen Stefani

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Gwen Stefani has been having a great year so far. No Doubt’s newest CD was released, and she looks better than ever! Gwen has always been a risk taker when it comes to fashion. However, now that she has gotten older, her style has also matured, while still staying true to herself. I love the bold, structured jackets she wears. They are a great piece for almost any age. A jacket with bright colors and bold graphics like the one Gwen wears in the photo above is age appropriate for women in their 20s or 30s. A jacket in a neutral color with no graphics is timeless for any age.

Take a lesson from Gwen, and add a pop of bold color to your wardrobe to completely change the look of an outfit and to create a great focal point.

Teal Shoulder Bag, Forever 21, $24.80

Ceida is a third-year student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, studying graphic design with an interest in editorial. She has interned for a fashion photographer, Hesita&Bear (a luxury homeware company) and plans to continue her trek in the visual communications industry. Ceida loves exploring the Windy City, and more importantly: she enjoys showing it off. Her pass times include drinking coffee, thrifting, and listening to old-school Jazz, and photography! She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma National Sorority.